We are one of Fort Bend ISD’s premier high school band programs with typically 150-180 great kids participating in Marching Band, Concert Band, Orchestra, state/national competitions and solo/ensemble activities.
What is most important to us?
The development and growth of our students into disciplined, caring, responsible individuals.
- Our band directors have set goals that are more elusive and important than national competitions – the development of our band students as team players – able to appreciate the rewards of hard work and discipline, supporting each other through the learning process, and through successes and failures.
- Our students strive to do their best
- They spend 4 days / week after school polishing their halftime show to perfection.
- They sharpen musical skills with additional individual effort.
- They are held to a higher academic and behavioral standard than the general student population.
Why do we need your support?
Developing, maintaining and staging a successful marching and concert band program is costly.
- We hire outstanding professionals to:
- Arrange marching music / design drill.
- Give feedback on the overall show choreography.
- Prepare students for concert band competitions.
- An active program such as ours requires the purchase of additional and replacement instruments.
- BOA activities and other competition entry fees / expenses are “extras.”
- Maintenance cost of an equipment trailer during marching and concert seasons is ongoing.
- Many high school band programs charge band fees to students just to participate in the marching band. In some cases, these fees can range from $1,500 – $2,000 per year. These band dues are in addition to trip fees. Fort Bend ISD does not allow band programs to charge band dues to students in order to participate in the marching band. Therefore, our program relies heavily on funds raised by the Booster Club.
How will your donation to the Bulldog Band benefit you?
- Support a talented, dedicated group of students.
- Gain name recognition in your Booster Club, Austin High School and Fort Bend communities.
- Get a tax deduction in some cases. What a good deal!